Wake up. Change diapers. Get breakfast. Help the kids get ready for school. Clean up. Change more diapers. Read books. Play princess or trucks. Finally get dressed. Brush hair and teeth. Clean an unexpected mess. Get lunch. Try to find that other shoe before you have to get out the door. Change another diaper. Run errands. Kids come home from school. School work. Spend time with the kids. Get dinner ready. And the list goes on! So when do you have time to get ready for the day??
In this blog post, I list the essential, easy makeup products to help you feel prepared for the day! After becoming a mom, there were many days that I would go without makeup because, 1.) I felt like if I put any on, I had to go through my whole makeup routine, and 2.) I didn’t care too much until I got out of the house, or it was midday and I just felt tired because I looked tired. This is not a post to promote makeup or make you feel like you have to wear makeup, but more for the moms that like to wear makeup, and just want an easy routine! These are tried and true products I love to use each day that have made life easier. So let’s jump into it.
- Moisturizer. I naturally have dry skin, so using a face moisturizer helps my skin feel soft and nourished before adding makeup. It also helps my makeup go on smoother. If you are prone to oily skin, then skipping moisturizer may work for you. Do what feels best on your skin! I also love skincare, but that’s a whole other blog post!
- B.B. Cream. I LOVE B.B. Cream! It’s a medium coverage, so not super heavy, but not too shear either. B.B. Cream usually has moisturizer in it, so if you feel like that gives you enough moisture to your skin, then skip the first step. It gives an even tone to the skin and the one I use dries to a matte finish, so I don’t need setting powder over top. It also goes on easy and smoother out my skin.
- Blush/bronzer. Which one you use depends on what shade you like on your cheeks. Some women just like some definition and contouring, some just like a little rosy color to their cheeks. I like my cheeks to have a sweet pink color, so I only use blush when I’m in a hurry. I love it because I can also use it on my lips and on my eyes for a cute, pink eyeshadow! Blush helps brighten your face, giving dimension to your cheeks.
- Eyeliner. Adding some eyeliner to the top of my eyelids helps make my eyes look bigger, which also helps them not to look so tired. Some days I use brown eyeliner (which I love to double as a lip liner), and other days I use black eyeliner. A little bit goes a long way! The eyeliner that you twist up works great because it’s thin and more forgiving in case you mess up. It’s a good one to start with before going to liquid eyeliner.
- Mascara. This is one of my go-to products that I love. Adding some mascara totally brightens the eyes, helping you feel more ready for the day. I use the fiber mascara and I love it! Not having to wear false eyelashes or get extensions is so nice, and it comes off with warm water! With fiber mascara, you put a layer of the mascara on, then the fibers, then another layer of the mascara.
- Lip stain/lip gloss/chapstick. Adding a little color or shine to the lips helps to complete the easy look! I love using a lip stain, knowing I won’t have to apply over and over, but I also love the moisture I feel on my lips when I wear a gloss or chapstick. So, it mostly depends on the day! For my everyday look, I use lip stain, lip gloss from Bare Minerals, or a natural chapstick that doesn’t leave a taste in my mouth.
So there you go! An easy mom-on-the-go look that should only take about 5 minutes! There really is something energizing about feeling ready for the day, no matter what tasks are ahead, or unexpected things you have to do. When I am ready for the day, I feel more motivated and ready to get stuff done, even if I never leave the house! It’s also nice, just in case unexpected guests drop by. This will feel much more doable knowing you do not have to invest much time or money in this routine. If you like to see these products in action, check out the quick video attached!