If you want to get the most out of your Nerf gun experience, you not only need the best Nerf gun but also some high powered accessories. Some of these simple and mostly inexpensive accessories will help make your Nerf gun war, birthday party, or playing around the house more memorable. No matter what, while playing Nerf guns at least your kids will be off electronics and running around a bit. If you are like me you are also worried about your kids shooting each other in the eyes. To help keep your kids safe buy them some safety goggles or glasses before you let them open their blasters.
To add more fun to the experience we have reviewed and recommend the following dart gun accessories:
- Tactical vests
- Safety glasses or goggles
- Walkie talkies
Tactical vests are a great addition to any Nerf battle. Having a handy place to store extra ammo is the difference in coming out victorious and running away in defeat. These vests are generally tailored to smaller sized shooters. If you are an adult over 160 pounds, I’d probably pass on most of these or plan on modifying the vests. Although designed for standard and N-strike ammo, Nerf vests can be modified to fit accessories from other sets.
What to Look for in A Tactical Vest Kit
- Price and Value. How expensive is the kit and is it worth the money?
- Accessory Type. What accessories are important to you? These kits come with goggles, glasses, vests, ammo, and other great looking options. Find the right accessories for you.
- Quality. How well is the set put together and how long is it going to last?
- Playability. How usable are all of the included items? How fun are the items in the kit?
1. Hasbro Official Nerf N-Strike Elite Series Tactical Vest
This Tactical Nerf Vest is very high quality but is somewhat more expensive for what you get then the rest of the vests on this list. Just like all Nerf products ,this is well made. This vest is good, but not recommended for large kids or adults weighing over 175 pounds. This tactical vest contains two Nerf N-Strike Elite magazines.
The official Nerf Tactical vest includes
- 2 clips and 12 elite darts
- Vest with lots of storage place
- Great looking orange and black color
2. POKONBOY 2 Sets Tactical Vest Kits for Nerf Gun
This is a great value off-brand kit for kids that includes tons of things that your kids are going to love in their NERF gun battles.
This set includes
- 2 Tactical vests
- Tactical mask
- Safety goggles
- 40 Elite NERF darts
- Wrist and leg dart holder
3. Forliver Kids Tactical Vest Kit
This NERF accessory kit is sure to be fun with your kids and is a great value at under $25.
The Forliver Tactical Vest Set Includes
- Tactical vest
- 50 darts of various colors
- 2 quick-reload N-Strike Elite clips
- Protective goggles
- Tactical mask
- Camo wrist band
4. UWANTME Detachable Tactical Vest Kit
What makes this vest unique is that it is equipped with 2 holsters to hold a big gun and a small gun. You can imagine how useful this will be during battle when you want more than one weapon option handy!
This set includes the following:
- 4 detachable bullet bags
- Wrist strap which carries 8 bullets
- Lightning themed headband and tactical mask
- Protective glasses
- 1 darts clip
- 40 darts
Extra Nerf Gun Ammo
If you are going to fire the gun, you are going to lose some ammo. At least we do at our house. I’d strongly recommend to avoid kid meltdown you should buy some extra NERF ammo when you buy the Nerf guns.
What to Look for in Extra NERF Gun Ammo
- Reliability and quality. How long is the ammo going to last? How well is the ammo going to shoot?
- Value. How much bang for your buck do you get with the ammo?
- Safety. Some of the darts can be harder on the tip, which helps them shoot well, but might be more dangerous without safety glasses.
- Colors and effects. Does the dart whistle when it goes by? Does the Nerf dart have a good color or look?
5. Little Valentine Elite 200-Dart Refill Pack
This is our choice for standard NERF gun refill pack. It is definitely the best value. I recommend the official darts for your younger children.
Little Valentine dart refill info
- Includes 200 darts
- Darts work with N-Strike Elite blasters
- Has a harder plastic tip
- 3rd party dart, good quality but not NERF Official
- 7.2cm X 1.3cm size
6. AMOSTING Refill Darts 100PCS
This is not a fancy accessory, but you have to extra darts because NERF darts get lost. Amosting Darts are a great value to give you a lot of great NERF darts for a low cost. These darts fit well with the zombie style NERF guns.
Amosting refill darts info
- Darts are universal bullets that work with all standard Elite dart sizes
- Darts have a plastic tip which is good for accuracy but can be a little harder on impact
- NERF bullets are 7.2cm in length by 1.2cm in diameter
- Amosting Darts are green
- Package contains 100 darts, but larger sizes such as 500 darts can be purchased
- Because darts have a plastic tips, for safety reasons safety goggles should be worn during a NERF war.
7. Official Accustrike N-Strike Elite 24-Dart Pack
These official darts are exactly what you expect them to be–certified, inspected, and quality NERF Darts. The main downfall of these darts is the cost per dart. They are about twice as expensive as the no-name darts.
Official NERF dart info
- Compatible with both the Elite Accustrike blasters as well as NERF Elite blasters
- Tested and certified to be high quality
- 24 darts included
- Softer tip than some of the competitors. This can be a good and a bad thing. Sometimes the plastic tip flies a little faster, but the NERF tip is safer.
8. POKONBOY 1200 Pack Refill Darts
If you never want to have a dart shortage again, this option is for you! And if you’re asking yourself where to store over 1,000 darts, no need to worry because this set includes a storage bag.
Here is more information about this option:
- 1200 darts included
- Standard size
- Compatible with most Nerf guns
- Made with high quality, non-toxic foam
- Comes with a storage bag which doubles as a target
Safety goggles are a must if your child is in a NERF battle with either the non-NERF brand darts or the more powerful Rival bullets. I’d recommend them anytime your kids are playing with NERF blasters. Safety is always first. We have both the eye shields and the safety glasses at our house. I’d recommend the safety goggles for kids under 10 over the safety glasses. Younger kids can’t keep the standard safety glasses on.
What to Look for in NERF Safety Goggles
- Size. How big is your kid? Be careful when selecting the goggles that you read reviews and manufacturing recommendations.
- Safety. Are the goggles going to stay on your face or your child’s face? Are the plastics involved going to hold up to a NERF dart impact?
- Cost. You want something safe for your child, but you don’t want to break the bank.
- Color and style. Safety goggles come in clear, red, and blue options. Other sets come with bandanas or masks.
9. Impresa 2-Pack Blaster Goggles
My kids have a similar set to these goggles and they work very well for my 8-year-old and 10-year-old sons. We bought these to go with our harder hitting Rivals and Mega NERF guns.
Specs and details of the Impresa Blaster Goggle set
- Goggles are pulled tight with soft foam that contacts the face. This forms a good seal on children.
- Compatible with name brand guns and blasters
- Great looking red and blue goggles help identify teams.
- These goggles are protective but will not stand up to airsoft or paintball bullets
- At under $20, these are not going to break the bank
- Highly adjustable with elastic bands in the back
10. JORESTECH 12 Pack Impact Resistant Safety Glasses
This is a no frills version of protective NERF glasses for adults, teens, and tweens. This set may not be flashy, but is certainly going to protect eyes better than a direct strike.
- UV protection for outdoor eye sun protection
- ANSI Z87+ certified
- Clear and easy to see through
- Good for older kids and adults
- Comes with 12 glasses
- Good for a NERF party
If you or your children are going to be involved in a Nerf battle involving Nerf Rival guns or some of the harder hitting guns, you might want to get yourself or your children a Nerf Mask. The other benefit of these masks is that they look cool.
What to Look for in A Nerf Mask
- Size. Does it fit the person who needs it?
- Look and feel. How does the mask look and is it comfortable to wear?
- Cost. How expensive is the mask and is there value in the mask package?
- Coverage. Does the mask cover the main areas of the face and can you or your child see well enough to move around in the mask?
11. Nerf Rival Face Mask (Blue) and (Red)
These great looking Blue and Red masks can be purchased separately or as a set. With this mask you can protect your face and your eyes and still be able to breathe. As a Nerf product, you know it will be made well and be safe. These masks were designed to work with the Rival Nerf guns, but they can be used with other Nerf blasters.
Nerf Face Mask Info
- Red or blue color identifies your team color
- Nerf recommends for ages 14 and up. I recommend for ages 12 and up, depending on child’s size
- Easily adjusted with elastic bands
- Plastic breathable design
12. POKONBOY 2 Pack Tactical Face Mask
The Pokonboy Face Mask set with protective goggles is a great value at under $20. The set looks and feels great, and works well.
Here are the specs of the Pokonboy Masks
- Designed to work well with Rival guns, but works well with other Nerf blasters
- Masks are made of durable ABS plastic with silicon
- Comfortable to wear because the sides are lined with silica
- Works better for younger kids than the Nerf Rival Masks
- We recommend for ages 10 and up
- 3rd party product, highly rated, but not a Nerf product
Nerf Gun Targets
Nerf Gun Targets are a great paring to have with a Nerf gun. What better and safer way to give your kids a chance to target practice than with something that doesn’t yell when they hit it?
What to Look for in A Nerf Gun Target
- Accuracy of Target. Does the target move correctly when it is hit? Will the target type actually help someone get better at shooting?
- Cost. How much does the target cost and does it have a good value?
- Fun. Is the scoring target fun to hit? Does it make sounds or explode? How fun is it to play with the target?
- Electronic or non-electronic. Does the target need batteries or is it just set up?
13. NERF Elite Digital Target
Any parent who is weary of constantly being bombarded with darts will appreciate a target like this one. Not only will it preserve your sanity, but it will also help your child keep their aim sharp. Kids will love the skill building games, digital scoreboard, and interactive lights and sounds. They can either play solo or with friends.
Below are some details you’ll want to know about the NERF Elite Digital Target:
- Requires 3 AA batteries which aren’t included
- Its small: about 12″x9″x2″
- Can stand alone with a kickstand or be mounted to a wall, but it doesn’t come with mounting hardware
14. UWANTME Electric Scoring Target
This Uwantme electric scoring system is a great way to have some fun shooting targets. This target system is reliable, fun, and costs under $20. The target is pretty small and is not super durable, but can be fun if taken care of.
Here are the specs of the Uwantme Nerf Electric Scoring Target
- Works for all Nerf series guns
- Has a digital scoreboard that tracks and displays all scores.
- Target falls down when hit.
- Electric scoring system that requires AA batteries
- Fun for parties or Nerf shooting contests
- Fun mechanisms allow target to be hit and resets itself
15. Spinning Target
This is a simple but fun game where targets are hit. This non-electric Nerf target has points on each window allowing a variety of different games to be played. Scores can be strictly scored based on target hit,or make it a game where a final score needs to be hit in total. The target is 18″ x 11″, so it’s a good size but not too large. It can be used with a variety of different Nerf guns including Elite, Mega, and Rival.
Specs on the Large Spinning Target
- Fairly large sized target for the cost at 17.5″ width by 11.5″ high
- Simple assembly and use
- Compatible with all Nerf gun blaster styles and force
- Targets work by spinning when being hit
- Design made with reclaimed wood
- Is not electronic and cannot keep score
- Target is durable and consistent
- Mechanism is fun when hit but does not create noise
16. Estink 30pcs EVA Bullet Target
Shooting foam targets can be lots of fun. The Estink target system is easy to set up and fun to knock down. Set the targets together in groups of 6 or make bigger target groups for a bigger knock down. These targets can be a little challenging to knock down, but they are safe and non damaging.
Estink 30pcs Soft EVA Bullet Target details
- Can be used with Nerf Mega, Elite, and Rival guns
- Contains 30 barrel pieces made of soft EVA material
- Each EVA barrel has a target value that allow score to be kept
- Fun to be used over and over again
- Non-electric so score has to be kept manually
- Targets are each 2.44″ by 1.65″
- Not available with Prime shipping
17. NERF Elite Portable Practice Target
Nerf fans will find so much to love in this target! You can take it wherever you go since it is lightweight, equipped with a handle, and folds up. There’s no need to collect darts after shooting practice since the darts stay put in the target after going through any of the bull’s eyes.
Check out the specs on this portable practice target by Nerf:
- Has a handle so it easily can be carried around or hung up
- Mesh netting catches darts
- Has targets with varying sizes (4.2″, 3″, and 2.5″) and point values (25, 50, 75)
- Sits upright
- Compatible with all Nerf products
- Blasters and darts not included
Nerf Gun Scopes
Nerf gun scopes are great when trying to improve accuracy. They also give the toy guns some sophistication and a cool factor. Most Nerf gun scopes are gun-type specific so make sure you are matching the correct scope with the correct gun such as Rival to Rival, and Elite to Elite, etc.
What to Look for in a Nerf Gun Scope
- Accuracy. Does the site line up well and aid the gun in shooting the target? Obviously, if it doesn’t do this it isn’t worth a whole lot.
- Size. How big is the site and does it get in the way of using the blaster in any way?
- Look and Feel. I admit it I care how my gun looks, and so will a lot of you and your kids. Adding a good looking site can add a lot to your Nerf gun experience.
- Cost. How much are you willing to spend? Most of these sights are relatively inexpensive.
18. Nerf Rival Red Dot Sight
This sight works by looking through an anti-reflective lens and then aligning a red dot with your target. A quick release camlock allows for easy attachment and removal. Attach your sight to your tactical rail and get ready to snipe your opponents with this great looking sight.
Nerf Rival Red Dot Sight Features
- Works best with Rival guns, though can work on a few other models with tactical rails
- Sight parts are die cast metal
- Sight can be adjusted on the gun to give better accuracy
- Align targets through the lens in order to more accurately hit targets
- Use camlock to attach red dot sight to the NERF gun
- Requires 2 AAA batteries that are not included
19. Nerf Modulus Day & Night Scope
This is a really fun scope that works both in the day and in the night. The 5 time zoom is also a great addition. Switch to infrared mode to get the scope to work in low light. Although it is called a Modulus scope, this scope will work on any Nerf gun that has a tactical rail. The only downfall to this scope is that it is a bit heavy and takes 4 AA batteries. With all of the light modes and options, this is my choice for favorite scope and is one of the best Nerf accessories. It is easy to modify a Nerf gun and add this scope to a rail.
NERF Modulus Scope Specs
- Can work in Infrared mode and bright light mode
- Has a display screen to help with use
- Can zoom up to 5 times with scope’s magnification
- Can fit any Nerf gun with a tactical rail
Walkie talkies are certainly not a necessity with a Nerf battle, but kids will love the option to map out their grand plan of NERF domination while hiding in a bunker. Since kids will most likely use the walkie talkies for other things, it is important the walkie talkie works well in a lot of different situations.
What to Look for in a Walkie Talkie for Use with Nerf Guns
- Clarity. How clear is the conversation? If you can’t hear each other what good is it?
- Range. Good walkie talkies can range thousands of feet. The farther away you can hear each other, the more fun the game can be.
- Ease of use. Does it work with just a touch of a button or is it difficult to maneuver?
- Cost. Expense isn’t a huge deal with walkie talkies since they don’t cost a lot, but value is always a good thing.
- Size. If a walkie talkie is too big, it is difficult to hold or holster while you fight a Nerf war.
20. Nerf Walkie Talkie for Kids
Normally I’m all over quality of NERF products; however, I am not recommending the Nerf walkie talkies at this time. They are just not as reliable and clear as some of the other competition. The Nerf walkie talkies can still be fun, but they have static unless they are in ideal situations.
Nerf Walkie Talkie Specifications
- Recommended for ages 5 and up
- Durable design makes it great to run around with
- Function at up to 1000 feet apart
- Can work with Morse Code to trick your opponent
- Includes 2 walkie talkies
- Requires 2 9-volt batteries (1 per walkie talkie), batteries not included
21. Retevis RT628 Kids Walkie Talkies
The Retevis RT628 is a great walkie talkie set. It checks all the boxes with a no-frills design and look. These are durable, relatively clear, and only cost around $20. The Retevis RT628 can also be paired with other walkie talkies on the same channel to make a team game of 2, 4, or even up to 10 people. Let your kids get some healthy exercise and run around with this walkie talkie set.
Retevis RT628 Highlights
- 90 day warranty and high-quality walkie talkie
- Comes in 4 different colors: red, black, silver, and camo
- Simple and easy to use
- Durable plastic design
- Small enough (0.2 pounds) to carry and tuck away in a NERF battle
- Can use multiple sets of walkie talkies together
- Comes with 2 walkie talkies
- Has a locking feature that allows parents to keep an eye on the kids
22. FLOUREON Walkie Talkies Two Way Radios 4 Pack
The Floureon 4 pack walkie talkie set is another great option and an even better value at 4 walkie talkies for under $30. These walkie talkies are clear up to 3000 meters. This is plenty enough for any NERF battle. Kids will love that they can chat with friends throughout a small neighborhood as well.
FLOUREON 4 Pack Walkie Talkies Specifications
- Backlit LCD display
- Can be used day and night
- Clear sound
- 1-year warranty
- 3 batteries are required per walkie talkie
- Function under FRS and GMRS bandwidths to support long range communication
- Can be easily clipped to a belt making quick movement simple and perfect accessory for a NERF engagement
What Makes a Nerf Magazine a Good Accessory
- Load speed. A magazine that is hard to load is of no use in a quick Nerf battle.
- Compatibility. Nerf magazines are compatible with the type of Nerf darts. Make sure to buy the correct magazine for the correct type of Nerf blaster.
- Ammo load. How many shots can the magazine hold? Sometimes larger is not always better with a Nerf magazine accessory. Smaller and easier to hold can make a significant difference in movement speed
23. Nerf Modulus Flip Clip Upgrade Kit
This a great add on or upgrade for your Nerf Modulus gun. This clip works best when it is not completely full. The extra darts can fall out if you aren’t careful when using it. Overall, this clip serves its purpose. The bullets included are compatible with Nerf N-Strike Elite darts.
Nerf Modulus Flip Clip Upgrade Kit Highlights
- Each clip holds 24 darts
- Package includes 24 darts and a flip clip magazine
- This can be one of many updates you can make to a Modulus Nerf gun
- Extra clips can help for much faster re-loads
24. Official Elite Series 18-Dart Reload Clip
This simple clip can hold 18 darts and is great for helping you take your Nerf game up a notch. Kids will love the ease of use with this clip. The Nerf N-Strike clip is compatible with N-strike bullets.
Features of the N-Strike Elite Clip
- Compatible with any N-Strike Elite blaster and bullets
- Package comes with orange clip and 18 N-Strike Elite darts that have been tested and approved for high performance
- This is an official NERF product so it is reliable and built of high quality materials
- To load the magazine just place N-Strike Elite darts through the top one at a time
- Even though this is a Nerf official clip, it is still inexpensive to buy
- It is easy to put two of these clips together
25. Nerf Rival 40-Round Refill Pack and Magazine
This Nerf Rival magazine is, in my opinion, one of the better working and better looking Nerf magazine accessories. It is not compatible with all Rival guns and is an extra magazine for the Rival Khaos MXVI-4000 gun. Functionally this gun works well, but it is a little more expensive than most magazines on this list.
Nerf Rival Magazine Specifications
- Compatible with just the Rival Khaos MXVI-4000 blaster
- Magazine comes with 40 high impact rounds
- Nerf official product
- Quality tested and meets Nerf high standards
- Comes with 40 rounds of Rival ammunication
- Makes a great accessory for Rival Khaos guns
26. Hauck Nerf Gun Go Cart
OK, so this might just be both the most off the wall, hard to imagine NERF accessory out there. It also might be the most awesome and most fun accessory. So why a Nerf go cart you might ask–well why not? Maybe you just need an orange and black go cart hammered with Nerf logos everywhere. Can you ever truly have too much Nerf stuff? This go cart is made by a premier pedal car manufacturer and doesn’t miss a beat. Your kid will be the talk of the town with this Hauck Nerf Gun Go Cart.
Specifications on this Nerf Go Cart:
- This go cart looks and feels like a Nerf gun with its colors and themes
- Made by a well reviewed and liked go cart manufacturer who partnered with Nerf on this car
- Speed of the car can be changed by using handbrake race-style pedals
- This go cart is rated with a maximum weight of 110 pounds
- This cart can hold NERF ammunition, guns, magazines, and many Nerf accessories
If you are to just pick one accessory, I would strongly recommend you get a vest set from Forliver. It comes with a vest, a set of goggles, ammo, and other accessories. For accessories for two kids I recommend the POKONBOY dual set which will equip 2 kids with vests, goggles, ammo, clips, and camo bandanas. Most importantly get what you think will be the most fun for your kids or for you. Remember to have fun and stay safe.
What should I get to go with Nerf guns?
You can maximize your Nerf gun collection by adding a few key accessories. To begin with, purchase extra ammo as well as magazines and tactical vests for storage. Also, consider acquiring safety eyewear for protection. Finally, acquiring a target will help improve your accuracy and walkie talkies will allow you to communicate with your team during a battle. Each of these are sure to up-level your experience playing with Nerf guns!
How many extra bullets do you need with a Nerf gun?
To answer this question, first determine how many darts your blaster can hold. Basic models typically fit less than 10, while higher-end options accommodate up to 50. If your blaster has a limited capacity, you may only need 24 bullets. But if you have a high-capacity blaster you may need as many as 1,000. One thing is sure: you won’t want to run out of ammo in the middle of a battle so make sure you have plenty!
Why are safety goggles important when using a Nerf gun?
Protective eyewear is an essential accessory for anyone who has a Nerf gun. Nerf guns can unintentionally cause serious eye injuries which could be prevented through the use of safety goggles or glasses. Don’t risk damaging your eyes by using Nerf guns without the appropriate eyewear.