Think all Nerf guns are created equal? Think again. Mega Nerf guns fire larger Mega darts and are some of the most fun and intense Nerf guns out there for kids, tweens, teens, and adults.
Nerf Mega guns fire darts that are larger in size so they not only hit with more impact, they can be fired at a longer distance. These big Nerf guns are so fun that even if some other Nerf guns may be more accurate, these definitely are worth having in your Nerf arsenal.
Looking for a Nerf gun for younger kids? These are not the guns for you. Ready to start a Nerf war? Then these Nerf guns that are mega will make your enemies run. Did I mention the Nerf Mega Mastodon is in this series? This gun alone make the Mega guns worth owning.
How to Choose the Best Mega Nerf Gun for Kids, Teens, Tweens, and Adults
- How many darts the gun can fire?
- How cool does the gun look? Let’s be honest: half the fun is the show.
- How far can the Mega Nerf gun fire?
- How hard is it to re-load the gun?
- Buy extra darts or a vest kit for longer fun.
What is the Best Mega Nerf Gun in 2019?
|Model||Pros / Cons|
|Mega Nerf Bulldog||Pros:|
|Mega ThunderBow Blaster|
|Mega Cyclone Shooter Blaster|
|N-Strike Mega Mastodon|
|N-Strike Mega Twinshock|
|Mega Series RotoFury Blaster|
|Mega Sonic Ice Magnus Blaster|
|Mega Thunderhawk Combat Blaster|
|Nerf Mega Centurion Blaster |
|Nerf Mega Lightning Bow |
|Mega Double Breach Blaster|
|Nerf N-Strike Mega Tri-Break|
| Nerf Mega BigShock Blaster|
Why Use a Mega Nerf Gun?
- Nerf Mega darts are twice as heavy and 50% larger in diameter than regular Nerf bullets
- Many large and intimidating gun options
- Fun firing mechanisms including bow, shot gun, rotary, fly wheel, and pull back
- Because the darts have more mass, they can be shot farther distances
- The standard darts whistle as they fly by
New Mega Nerf Gun in 2019 Nerf Accustrike Mega Bulldog
New Mega Nerf Gun in 2019 Nerf Fortnite TS-1 Blaster
You have got to be kidding me! Nerf has combined the crazy strong Mega Nerf bullets with the fun of a Fortnite gun. This TS-1 blaster is the perfect combination of great Nerf technology and the amazing looks of a Nerf gun that looks like it just jumped right out of a video game and into your hands. With a very simple trigger mechanism, you can be on your way to firing a barrage of Mega bullets at your Nerf foes. The Ts-1 can fire four shots one after the other and comes with a modest 8 bullets.
This section will be updated throughout 2019 to make sure all are aware of the hot new and coming Mega Nerf Guns of 2019. -Updated September 23rd 2019.
Nerf Mega ThunderBow Blaster
Break out the archer in you. The Nerf N-Strike Mega ThunderBow ranks as the best of the best of these huge Mega Nerf guns. This bow is a whirlwind of fun. It combines a great firing mechanism with Mega darts.
The ThunderBow is also one of the most functional weapons in this group, loading 5 Mega darts. This Mega bow fires up to 100 feet (32 meters). It comes with 10 darts rather than the 5 you would expect with a 5 shot weapon. This is a great Nerf gun for ages 10 and up. It can be modified to fire without the bow mechanism.
- Great grip and firing mechanism
- Fires 5 darts one after the other
- Probably the best performing Nerf bow gun
- Top darts fire a little better than the bottom ones
- Must fire two-handed
Nerf N-Strike Mega Mastodon
If you were to design a Nerf gun in your mind, this would probably check most of your boxes. It is just a ludicrous combination of cool and function. It can not only fire long shots at 100 feet (32 meters), but it is also one of the only battery powered automatic Nerf guns, and it fires a larger or Mega Nerf dart. This is a great gun for ages 13 and up.
With its flywheel action, you are truly ready to make everyone around you run. This is our runner up for best Mega Nerf gun. Because it is heavy, the Mega Mastodon has a sling that can be used with it. Really, it is necessary if you are carrying it around.
I don’t know how you can fire this and not smile. It fires 24 rounds fully automatically. This is definitely one of the most powerful and biggest Nerf guns ever made.
- An automatic firing machine
- Fires Nerf darts a very long way
- Just has that cool factor every kid (or adult) is looking for
- Requires 6 D batteries
- Not as accurate as some of the other Mega Nerf guns
- Hard to fire one-handed
Nerf N-Strike Elite Mega Cyclone Shooter Blaster
This Mega Nerf Gun is simple yet successful. The Mega Cyclone Shooter Blaster holds 6 of the larger Mega Nerf darts at once and can fire up to 90 feet (27 meters). This gun is similar to a few others that Nerf makes, but the larger darts allow the gun to fire farther.
This is your core arsenal in the Mega Nerf Gun series. None of these Mega guns are better to use in a battle than this one. With a tactical rail on the top, optics or add-ons can be used with this gun. I’d say this gun is safe to use for ages 6 or older. This is the best of the small Mega guns. The Mega Cyclone Shooter Blaster is available in multiple colors, including the camo outsider model.
- Fires 6 darts without reloading
- Lightweight and easy for anyone to use
- Can be difficult to re-load
- The N-Strike Elite Mega Cyclone Shooter Blaster can be inconsistent in accuracy and distance
Nerf N-Strike Mega Twinshock
When you pull out the Nerf Mega Twinshock in a Nerf war, those around you are going to run away. This gun is truly intimidating with its huge size and ability to fire a ton of shots in a short amount of time. It is the Mega version of the Roughcut gun, but is much better.
This gun can fire up to 85 feet (26 meters) and can fire with 3 different shooting options–1, 2, and slam-fire. The slam-fire action shoots 2 Mega darts at once. The massive Twinshock fires with a natural pump motion that is perfect for older kids and adults. It is a front loading gun and very smooth to prime to shoot. The Twinshock uses a two-stage trigger that allows the user to switch firing modes. Good gun for ages 8 and up.
- Fires 2 darts at a time
- Nerf Mega Twinshock can hold up to 10 darts
- Looks intimidating
- Twinshock is not as accurate with the last shots as the first shots
- Can be a bit difficult to maneuver for a mobile Nerf war
Nerf N-Strike Mega Series RotoFury Blaster
If you are looking for a semi-automatic Mega Nerf gun, then this is a great gun for you. The Nerf Mega Series RotoFury will leave your opponents running for cover. The RotoFury can fire 10 darts in a one-at-a-time fashion, or you can let loose on your enemies with a slam-shot fire of 10 darts. Mechanically, it pumps in order to prepare to fire. This gun is a lot of fun for boys or girls 10 or older.
- Fires 10 darts, one after the other
- Can fire in two modes– single fire or slam-shot, firing one after the other
- With great grips and rotatory fire, this gun looks great
- Not as accurate with the last shots as the first shots
- Can be somewhat difficult to prep the gun for shooting
Nerf N-Strike Elite Mega Series Sonic Ice Magnus Blaster
These two Nerf Mega Series Magnus Blaster options are simple yet extremely powerful. I love the grip on this gun. Sometimes guns can be hard for adults or teens to grab, but this is easy. There is a hole at the bottom of the grip to allow this to be easily hung up on a wall.
The Magnus Blaster fires whistling Mega bullets that launch up to 85 feet to surprise your unexpected enemies. This gun holds up to 3 Mega darts at once with a great internal clip. It has a simple top-loading clip that makes it easy to re-load one handed.
This gun is perfect or adults down to as young as probably 8. The Mega Magnus Blaster comes in 2 different colors–blue and red. The blue Magnus Blaster is a little more expensive but definitely looks better. It would be great for anyone 8 or older.
- Fires 3 darts without reloading
- Fantastic grip and feel
- Easy to maneuver and fire
- Only carries 3 darts
- Doesn’t shoot as far as other Nerf guns in this group
Nerf Mega Thunderhawk Combat Blaster
No wonder this Mega gun is called Thunder. The Thunderhawk looks like a World War II machine gun. This Nerf gun is the longest Mega Blaster and comes with not just Mega bullets, but also with Accustrike Mega Bullets. This makes the gun more accurate than the Mega guns.
The Thunderhawk Combat Blaster comes with a foldable tripod to help you to precisely rain down darts on your opponents. The 10 bullet clip quickly unloads. With a gun this fun, your teen or tween will get off their phone and get outside for some exercise.
The Thunderhawk Combat blaster is a better looking gun than performing. However, it is still one of the best of the big guns. Although it has as a huge extension on it, it performs much better without it extended.
- Longest blaster style gun
- Nerf Mega Thunderhawk Combat Blaster can hold up to 10 bullets
- It looks like a machine gun
- Large gun can be tough to maneuver
- Gun is a little heavy
- Range is not what you would expect from a Nerf Mega Gun
Nerf N-Strike Elite Mega Centurion Blaster
Want to hit your enemies from a distance with a precision strike? This Mega Nerf gun is the answer. The Centurion Blaster can shoot up to 100 feet (32 meters) with Mega Nerf darts. It is a huge Nerf gun at over 3 feet long.
Although the Centurion Blaster is super fun, it is definitely more looks than action. This Nerf gun is probably best for teens and adults. My 13-year-old son loves to fire this gun.
- Precision from long distance
- Comes with a Bipod stand and tactical rail to help with accuracy
- Elite Mega Blaster is just huge and very cool
- The Centurion Blaster is not good in a close Nerf Battle
- Can shoot more accurate than most guns, but can be erratic at times
- Fires only one mega shot at a time
Nerf N-Strike Elite Mega Lightning Bow
This is another great Mega Nerf Bow. The Mega Nerf Lightning Bow fires Mega darts up to 85 feet. It has a pullback mechanism that allows for one dart to be fired at a time. This bow has a great built-in sight that adds accuracy to its fun.
Although the Mega Nerf Lighning Bow is fun, I definitely enjoy it less than the Nerf Mega Thunderbow up above. It is much less expensive to buy and still great to chase down friends and family with.
- Built in scope
- Easy re-loading
- Easy pull back mechanism for even little kids
- Fires only one bullet at atime
- Need to be careful not to damage pull-back string
- Only holds 5 Nerf Darts
Nerf N-Strike Mega Elite Double Breach Blaster
This Nerf Mega shotgun and Breach style gun is tons of fun for all ages. It would be easy to imagine fighting zombies or your siblings in the backyard with this double-barreled shot gun. This gun can fire up to 90 feet (27 meters) with each shot.
Adults would enjoy the look and feel of this large Nerf gun with convenient grips. This gun, like all of the Nerf Mega series, can shoot the larger Mega darts. These darts are exciting because they also whistle as they go by. This has a similar mechanism to a Nerf Super Soaker in that you slide back in order to prime the gun to fire. It has a slam fire blaster but with only two shots, it does not help as much as some of the bigger guns. It is great for ages 10 and up.
- Gun has a great look and feel with a pump action
- Fires Nerf Mega darts a very long way
- Darts fire fast and hard
- Only fires one dart at a time
- A rather large Nerf Mega gun for the amount of darts it can fire at once
- Can be slow to re-load
Nerf N-Strike Mega Tri-Break
The Mega Tri-Break gun seems like a normal Nerf gun, but it is loads of fun. With its pivoting body for reloading and 3-shot load, this Nerf gun is perfect for those 8 or over. The gun is prepped by pulling the T-style handle at the bottom of the gun.
The gun only has to be primed one time in order to fire the three darts one after another. The pivoting load mechanism can be temperamental. There are definitely some better Mega Guns than this one.
- Fires 3 darts without reloading
- Great value
- Easy to maneuver and fire
- Only carries 3 darts
- Loading mechanism is not fast to use and can malfunction
Nerf N-Strike Mega BigShock Blaster
Want a simple Nerf gun that still fires Mega darts? At about $10, the budget N-Strike Mega Bigshock Blaster is the answer you are looking for. The Bigshock Blaster is also a great gun as a spare when you are running out of ammo with your main gun.
Weighing less than a pound, it is easy to store this gun in a pocket or holster it and run around chasing others. It can also be modified to hold Rival Nerf Bullets.
- Most inexpensive of Nerf Mega guns
- Shoots far and with power for the size
- Whistling darts make gun so much more fun
- Only carries 2 darts
- Gun is pretty small and underwhelming
What Nerf Darts are best with Mega Nerf Guns?
If you buy a Nerf Mega Gun you need some Nerf accessories and some extra ammo to go with it. Here are some good options to go with. There are some variations in quality between a Nerf official dart and some of the off brand, but you oftentimes get a lot more bang for your buck on ammo.
|Little Valentine Mega Darts||Nerf Official Mega Dart Pack|