The countdown is on! You’re feeling huge, uncomfortable, your heartburn is crazy, and, if that isn’t enough, you’re having insomnia! This is probably nature’s way to get you ready for the marathon of bringing your precious baby into the world. It’s time to pack your bag for the hospital. What should you bring? After having three kids, I’ve had my fair share of hospital stays and forgotten plenty of things I should’ve brought in the first place. So that doesn’t happen to you, here’s a list of a few items you should put in your ready-to-go bag.
15 Must-Have Items for Your Baby Delivery Hospital Bag
1. Your own favorite cozy pillow from home
2. Your own cozy socks (fuzzy style)
3. Your robe to lie comfortably in while nursing
4. Zip-up hoodie, with loose sweats (Find these sets at Target, Old Navy, and Victoria’s Secret)
5. Sports bras that snap in the front for nursing (Motherhood Maternity or Target)
6. Hair bands. Nothing is worse when you don’t have anything to pull your hair back during/after delivery
7. Shampoo and conditioner to take your first shower after delivery
8. Tooth brush and your everyday toiletries
9. Magazines for downtime during labor or after.
10 .Your favorite chapstick
11. Mints/gum (your mouth can really dry up)
12. Your phone charger
13. Various newborn outfits and baby blanket to bring your baby home
14. Positive thoughts. Whether it’s your sixth baby or first, it’s important to think positive!!! Every delivery is different. If you had a hard delivery in the past, that doesn’t mean you will this time. Thinking positive and telling yourself everything will go great is a much better mental place to be than thinking of all the things that could go wrong. Stay positive!
My favorite thing to bring used to be a CD player, but my first baby was over 10 years ago! So now you’d want to bring a speaker, Amazon Echo, Bluetooth speaker, or even stick with that old school CD player. I loved to bring relaxing spa music. I dimmed the lights and it created a very calm relaxing vibe while laboring. If you want more of a party, you could play “I’m Coming Out!” or play a little “Whip Nae Nae” for some motivation for pushing out your little one! Or hey, go for the best song for that: Salt-N-Pepa’s “Push It” song!
Remember that it’s such an amazing time! Amazingly hard and amazingly exciting and beautiful all at once! There’s nothing like the moment your baby is born and you get meet your little one for the very first time! Nothing like it in the world!! Good luck to all the pregnant mamas!! Sending you positive vibes for a great delivery!
Want to Add Something to this Hospital Bag List?
Have something you think should be added to this list? Be sure to leave us a comment with what you bring to the hospital!